Purpose of the Glossary
The Media Services Architecture Group (MSAG) of the Advanced Media Workflow Association (AMWA) has commissioned this glossary to define and clarify approved terminology surrounding the concept of Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) as it applies to the media industry. As part of its goal to support and develop modern infrastructures for the Media & Entertainment industry, the AMWA is considering SOA as a foundation for media-specific architectures. This glossary will unify and support the AMWA’s discussions about these concepts by providing a common language for all participants to use. Plus our focus in media.
Use of the Glossary
Members of the MSAG should use this glossary as a definitive source for the correct terminology to use when discussing SOA. Whenever the AMWA produces documentation referencing SOA, that documentation should use the terms contained in this glossary to represent the concepts being referenced, and no other terms. The glossary should be reevaluated on a regular basis to ensure that its content remains contemporary and relevant.
Structure of the Glossary
Each entry contained herein may contain up to five components:
- Definition: a concise explanation of the term that can either be unique to this glossary or referenced from an outside source (REQUIRED)
- Diagrams: graphical explanations of the term or of important concepts related to the term (OPTIONAL)
- Examples: Media-specific examples of the term, either example implementations in the case of a specific technology or architectural concept, or examples of the term in common usage in other cases (OPTIONAL)
- References: Links to other definitions, examples, tutorials, etc. that may help to explain the term, along with a brief description of each link (OPTIONAL)
- Synonyms: Other terms that are not already included in the glossary that are common substitutes for the term (OPTIONAL)
Making Glossary Entries
The MSAG Glossary is currently open to editing by registered users. When creating a glossary entry, use H1 formatting for the glossary component titles, and end each entry with the text [[Category:Glossary]] to have it appear in the list below.
Articles in category "Glossary"
There are 133 articles in this category.