ADM Webex notes, Friday 29th June, 17:00 CEST
Participants: Brad Gilmer, Giorgio Dimino, Loic Barbou, Paul Gardiner, Jean-Pierre Evain
- Reference software, test harnesses and maintenance
- BC 2012
Reference software, test harnesses and maintenance
It is clear to all ADM members that this is critical, sensitive and strategic issue for the project.
- Lot of work done on voluntary basis but takes time and may not cover all that is required to serve FIMS and help the community implement it.
- Signiant has announced the development of test harnesses using the IBM reference software and a specifla webex will be organised soon.
- Paul will investigate what TB participants are ready to do or expect from FIMS. This discussion will start as soon as practically possible as priorities are to look at AMWA feedback and the implementation guideliens on FIMS 1.0 (webex on July 2nd and F2F on 30-31st in Geneva).
- Loic shared the view that FIMS must provide tools easing the development of FIMS, from implementation to verification of some level of compliance (tbd) with the specification.
- Brad and Hans/Jean-Pierre to report to AMWA and EBU
Proposed plan to progress:
- Collect inputs from TB
- Create a list of options (e.g. sort of tools vs. requirements vs. cost) and ask the community
- Meet at IBC on Sunday afternoon to fix the details before communication to the community
We'll need to work further on the definition of the demo and requirments in terms of equipment which would at least be 2 displays with associated PCs, and also arrange for connection of portable PCs like at NAB
The FIMS day is on Sunday 9 September
- 12:00-13:30 - Production session to which the FIMS paper is associated (no presentation but presence is required in case of questions, which might occur as the award will have been largely publicised by IBC and us)
- 14:00-17:00 - Internal FIMS meeting (FIMS-ADM, FIMS TB and FIMS BB)
ACTION, Jean-Pierre to check for lunches in particular for those hopping from the conference to the meeting
- 19:00 - Award ceremony
Jean-Pierre is coordinating the event with IBC. We have some amterial to provide and more information will be circulated shortly.
The most demanding is the Videos. One video is needed for the award night (60-120s), which will be played before we get the prize. It has to be user / Bloomberg centric. It is also desirable to have another longer video for the IBC channel or dispay on screen at different locations at the show. As I was proposed to have a longer sequence for the award sho, maybe only one well constructed could be necessary. We have to work on the story but it should at least (in one or the other) contain in situ Bloomberg footage with FIMS and quotes from some of us. It is proposed to gather at Blooberg in New-York on 8-9 August to do the shooting and prevent cut and paste from content in differnet formats and contexts.
Other related IBC events:
- Workflow Village: Brad is in contact with IBC for a 30 minute annoucement but this requires some clarification on the context and associated dissemniation
- Metadata session: Jean-Pierre is in contact with IBC for a special session on metadata end-to-end. Hopefully more detailed next week after a meeting in London