Webex FIMS ADM, 15 June 2012
EBU will submit to the MIM group for review. Deadline:1st july.
AMWA start (45 days) its internal technical review process including assessment of the reference software implementation against the specification.
FIMS reviews proposed changes, if any, and issue a final version for publication.
If technical changes are not 'significant', the publication process can start.
If technical changes are 'significant', AMWA will require another 45 days technical review period.
When technical bugs are fixed, EBU start its final Technical Committee review (2 weeks by correspondence) and AMWA starts its IPR review process (another 45 days).
Hopefully the specification will be approved in time for IBC.
As agreed during the meeting, the plan is to publish a joint AMWA-EBU specification with appropriate logos and cross-references, etc.
Roger Miles from EBU will be asked to edit the document.
ACTION: JPE to check Roger availability.
IBM ref implementation is 100% SOAP -> currently using this for review (incomplete – needs more scenarios and use cases but sufficient for specification review and publication -> to be confirmed by AMWA review process)
The review process continues noting that:
- the FIMS specification is agnostic to SOAP or REST
- it is acknowledged that the reference software implementation is SOAP
- it iws also recognised that the specification has been refactored to be REST friendly
- as decided during this meeting, the project commits in developing a REST reference implementation under the same terms and condition as applying to the IBM software implementation
Ref software maintenance, Test and / or Certification
The first issue to be solved is a definition of a sustainable framework for the maintenance of the reference software.
ACTION: Brad will provide an initial working document highlighting the issues, which will be used in defining a working framework
Among the things to be taken into account:
- Cost must be evaluated
- Communications is key to explain why it may be necessary to ask a fee in the future from parties and in a framework to be defined
- The tools should be accessible to the FIMS community as open source under conditions also to be defined